OpenMath Society Royalty-Free (RF) Licensing Requirements
The OpenMath Society holds the copyright for all documents on the
www.openmath.org site with the exception of contributed Content
Dictionaries for which copyright remains with the original author as
specified in each Dictionary.
- The Copyright holders undertake that the OpenMath Standard, Content Dictionaries and
other documents available from www.openmath.org are available free of charge and allow
implementations to be made available under a Royalty-Free license.
- The Royalty Free license shall be made available by the licensor as long as the Document
- If the Document is rescinded by the OpenMath Society, then no new
licenses need be granted but any licenses granted before the Document
was rescinded shall remain in effect.
- With respect to a Document distributed under this policy, a
Royalty-Free license shall mean a non-assignable, non-sublicensable
license to make, have made, use, sell, have sold, offer to sell,
import, and distribute and dispose of implementations of the
OpenMath Society 2013-12-01
- This version of the OpenMath Royalty Free License policy was put in place by the
OpenMath Society on 2013-12-01 however it also applies to the existing OpenMath Standard
and Content Dictionaries.
- The OpenMath 1 standard (2000) and most of the core Content Dictionaries were developed
under an EU ESPRIT project http://cordis.europa.eu/projects/rcn/38330_en.html
in which all materials and any underlying patent licenses that may be required were made
available by project members on a Royalty Free basis as part of the contract terms of that
- The OpenMath 2 standard and the updated Core Content Dictionaries were developed under
the EU funded OpenMath Thematic network http://cordis.europa.eu/projects/rcn/60953_en.html
All contributions under this project were made available under Royalty Free basis, and
Copyright assigned to the OpenMath Society.
- Contributed Content Dictionaries: Currently (2013-12-01) not all Contributed Content
Dictionaries have an explicit license statement.
Authors will be contacted and if, by
31-03-2015, there are any Content Dictionaries that do not have a license compatible with
this policy, they will be moved from http://www.openmath.org/cd/contrib/ to a